General Assembly Minutes
Sunday, February 5, 2012
The following are partial minutes for the last part of GA following a brainstorming session on tactics and actions for opposing HB2638/SB2508 and possible actions if/when the bill passes.
1. Prepare a series of video interviews with Occupiers and others who would be affected by the bill to document their concerns. Chris will do it. Approved.
2. Occupy the Capitol with a gauntlet on Monday at 4:00 p.m. gathering on the Plaza and moving in to the Capitol at 4:30. Approved.
3. Occupy Committee meetings at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. with gatherings one hour before on the Plaza and a march around the Capitol in between. Approved.
4. Begin a fast in opposition to the bills. Tabled.
5. Prepare handouts with Lindsey’s statements for legislators. Approved. Donation received and transferred to MC for printing costs. Bill Howell will send to Tennessean.
6. Plan statewide rally of all those affected by the bill. Tabled.
If HB2638/SB2508 passes, ideas for response (no decisions):
1. Occupy sidewalk or Metro Courthouse park.
2. Occupy the courtyard at the entrance to Legislative Plaza near 6th and Union.
3. Wear tents.
4. Scatalogical actions.
5. Legal action.
6. Sleep elsewhere, leave tents as statement.
7. Stockpile unusable tents for random placement.